Posted September 10, 2018 by FreedomPay
- Merchant processor Paysafe launched Paysafe Accelerated Funding, which allows merchants to receive settlement of funds on the same day or next day. The service relies on arrangements the company has made with Ingo Money, a push-payments provider, and Company.com, a business-software aggregator.
- Vending-payments specialist PayRange Inc. launched PayRange Air, a payments service for food trucks, concessions, and other small-ticket merchants.
- Payment gateway Allied Wallet announced an agreement with payment network Neosurf that will allow Neosurf cardholders in various parts of the world to buy from Allied Wallet merchants.
- Integrated payments provider Payway debuted its new application programming interface, PaywayWS, for software developers.
- Payments-technology provider FreedomPay said it has received certification in the United Kingdom from processor Elavon for its Commerce Connect online payments product.
- Bernie Moreno Cos., owner of several car dealerships, said it now accepts Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, and other cryptocurrencies.
- Facebook Inc.’s WhatsApp messaging platform has run into regulatory delays in its efforts to launch a payments service in India, according to news reports, which cite controversy about privacy on Facebook and so-called fake news on WhatsApp as complicating factors. The Indian digital-payments market is expected to grow from $200 billion now to $1 trillion by 2023, according to Credit Suisse.
- Billionaire Internet entrepreneur Jack Ma said he will step down next year from his post as executive chairman of Alibaba, the huge Chinese online conglomerate that founded Alipay, the popular online and mobile-payment service, and spun it off in 2011. Alibaba plans to acquire a stake in Alipay parent Ant Financial pending regulatory approval. Chief executive Daniel Zhang will succeed Ma, Alibaba said.
- Visa Inc. said it has appointed former international banker Marianne Mwaniki to the position of senior vice president of social impact.
To read the original article, click here.